The technologies we handle are mechatronic, mechanical, electromechanical and magnetic systems.
Our solutions are customized to meet required performances within customer interfaces constraints and under harsh environment requirements (temperatures, vibrations, humidity, EMC… DO160).
Our products fit in with your specific integration constraints and can be optimized especially regarding mass (weight) and reliability.
DESIGN TO COST
From the very beginning of the design process, we take into account the manufacturing issues, we consider feasibility and follow a design-to-cost strategy.
The products we develop are customized products usually answering motion problematic (motorization, motion measurement…).
ELECTROMECHANICAL ACTUATORS (ROTARY OR LINEAR ACTUATOR)
... and its components:
- Brushless permanent magnet motors (« Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor » - PMSM, BLDC)
- Customized on demand
- Low or null cogging torque
- Multiple air gaps
- Polyphase (3, 5, ...)
- Failsafe and fault-tolerant design
- Space Vector Control, Field Oriented Control (FOC)
- Electro-magnets (for brakes, clutches…)
SENSORS AND TRANSDUCERS
- Angular velocity sensors
- Wheel Speed Transducers (WST)
- Position sensors
- Commutation sensors
- Analogic / Discrete
- Mechanical gearboxes, magnetic gearboxes
- Mechanical coupling, magnetic coupling
- Anti-backlash devices
- Bearings assemblies
- Axle / Hub
- Servo control
- Control systems: actuator, sensors, power electronics, control electronics, environment (output loads, temperature..)
- Design, analyses, characterization, modelling, simulation, optimization
- "Model Based Design" (MBD)
- Support to specification of electronics dedicated to motor control and other related system components
- Electronic boards developed by third parts, including aerospace rules when required (DAL A
- DO254, DO178)
Mechanical integration : interfacing, sealing, EMC
OUR SCOPE OF SERVICES
Our scope of services is mainly focused on design activities for advice, support or full-design leading.
Those activities may concern serial production, prototypes, R&T and R&D project, preliminary project, or answer to a RFP. We can also perform critical analyses on existing design, characterization, retro-engineering, and optimization / modernization studies.
Design activities may include:
- Assisting our customers in formalizing the specification of their need
- Need analysis, compliance matrix elaboration
- Research solutions for preliminary architectures
- Sizing, dimensioning, computation (mechanical, thermal, magnetic and multi-physics analyses)
- 3D CAD modeling
- Drafting, definition and manufacturing plans and drawings generation
- Design Justification Document
- Reliability, FMEA, FMECA, Safety analyses
We can also assist you in other related activities.
If the design is the core competency of 5LM, we can also assist you in related activities:
- Project management
- Support beside end-customer (follow-up, reviews, expertise)
- Suppliers choice
- Creation of assembly instructions or acceptance test procedures (ATP)
- Design of assembly tools, and test tools for ATP or qualification
- Project management of contractor’s activities in manufacturing for prototypes or pre-serial production (with your own factory, your suppliers or the ones we may recommend)
- Assistance in qualification activities: redaction of qualification test plans, qualification test programs, qualification test procedures, qualification test reports
- Assistance for product investigation (failure or other reasons)
SECTOR OF ACTIVITY
Historically focused on Aerospace Industry, the sectors of activity of 5LM gather the ones which have specific performance and integration requirements – especially the “embedded equipments”, but more generally sectors linked to Transportation Industry.
- Aerospace (Aircraft, Helicopters…)
- Robotics / Cobots
- Agricultural mechanics
Mechanical design and simulation tools:
- SolidWorks Premium :
# 3D CAD
# static linear mechanical computation with finite elements
- KiSSsoft: modular calculation program for the design, optimization and verification of gear trains
Electromagnetic systems simulation tools:
- ALTAIR – FLUX 3D et FLUX MOTOR : electromagnetic simulation (2D, 3D, magneto static, dynamic, steady-state and transient conditions, along with electrical and thermal properties)
- FEMM : Finite Element Method Magnetics developed by David MEEKER (under free public license) - 2D magnetic and thermal simulation
- E-motion : pre-sizing analytic software for electric motors developed by Michel LE BAIL
Computation and modeling tools for multi-physics systems:
- Matlab / Scilab (free) / Octave (free) : mathematics, numerical / matrix computation
- Simulink / XCos (free) / Simscape: multi-physics systems simulation
- Compose / Activate (solutions ALTAIR)
- Microsoft Office Suite, Visual Basic
- Project management tools developped internally
Other software solutions (example : non-linear mechanical simulation...) can be set up if required.
We can also developed specific analytical or numerical analyzes in order to provide the most appropriate and relevant answer to your problems.
And find all the answers to your questions.
The information collected from this form is not subject to any computer processing. 5LM is the only recipient of these data. In accordance with the law "Informatique et Libertés" of January 6, 1978 modified, you have a right to access and rectify information concerning you here.